Frequently asked questions
- All you need to do is load data bundles, voice bundles, or airtime.
- For every E1 you spend on MTN, you earn 1 point and each point qualifies you for a daily, weekly, and monthly draw
- Winners are selected through independent random draws that are done daily (for daily prizes- 40 x 500MBs), every Friday (for weekly prizes- 20 x E1000.00 grocery vouchers), and every month (for monthly draws- E50 000.00 MoMo Cash, E5 000.00 MoMo cash)
- The draws are done using the points accumulated by the customers for every purchase done each point is an entry to the draws
- The more points you get through your purchases, the better/more the chances of winning, daily weekly, and monthly
- There is no set threshold amount one needs to load to win. From E1 spend, you qualify. The more you load, the more points you earn hence the more chances of winning. Keep loading, accumulate more points, and give yourself more chances of winning
- Remember: the draws are random with no specific number of points set to win/qualify for the draw
- There is no set threshold amount one needs to load to win. Keep loading, accumulate more points, and give yourself more chances of winning
- Remember: the draws are random with no specific number of points set to win
- We have an activations/roadshow scheduled for every Saturday until the end of the year. Look out for the date for an area next to you
- We will let you know if you have won through a phone call for the weekly, or monthly prizes
- For daily prizes (500MBs Data) we will let you know through an SMS that will be accompanied by the prize
- The promo is 100% transparent in that the draw is not manually done by a human being but by the system which is run by a 3rd independent party
- The promo is also monitored for transparency by Internal and External Auditors to ensure transparency, no bias, and authenticity
MTN Xtra Time
A: This is a service where MTN prepaid customers can get advance Airtime and Data
when they run out and payback later when they top up.
A: To access XtraTime, you need to have been a registered active MTN subscriber for at
least 2 months and used at least E2 per month.
A: You can access the service by dialing *767#. Then respond with:
1 for Airtime
2 for Data
3 to check debt
4 to Repay advance/loan
5 for Help
A: You can ONLY access 1 loan at a time, you must repay the loan and take another loan.
A: No. You cannot have airtime and data bundle at the same time. You access ONLY 1
A: The service fee is 10% across all the denominations.
A: Loan is recovered once the customer triggers recovery manually on the main account
or there is a recharge/top-up on the main account or system recovers once the grace
period expires (sweep) on the main account. Recovery will either be full or partial
● Full recovery = If a customer has a loan and tops up an amount higher than the
total value of the loan + service fee, then all the loans will be recovered.
● Partial recovery = If a customer has a loan and tops us an amount lower than the
total value of the loan + service fee, then the total equivalent to the amount
topped up will be recovered.
● Recovery having taken place on the main account and via CDR on the following
dedicated accounts(DAs)according to the priority on the below table:
A: Yes. If a customer tops up an amount higher than the total value of the loan + service
fee, then the loan will be recovered. Priority of Recovery will take place in the order of
sequence below after the main account:
A: This may happen for a number of reasons:
● You may have just joined the network recently thus not meeting the minimum
age on the network of 2 months.
● It may also be because of not regularly recharging and using your MTN line.
A: Yes, you have to repay the loan and access another loan
A: No, the mentioned data and voice purchase above will not trigger recovery.
A: Your XtraTime remains intact and will be accessible as soon as you replace your SIM
card, and if the grace period has not expired.
A: Yes. You can use Xtra Time just like your normal airtime.
WOW Data promo
You can win prizes that include a Mara smartphone, a Mr Price shopping voucher and MTN MoMo funds.
To qualify you must buy the MTN wow weekly bundles at least 3times a week. Dial *686*1*1# or use the my MTN app to purchase any of the weekly bundles.
A Mara smartphone.
Winners are announced weekly
You can simply dial *922#, choose option 2)PUK 1&2 , select PUK 1, enter your number and PUK will be received via SMS. You can also SMS your number and your ID number to 6000 to retrieve your PIN.
Eswatini Communication Commission issued a Regulation directing all mobile service providers operating in the Kingdom of Eswatini to register their Customer’s SIM cards
Failure to register a sim card will result in your number being disconnected on the network.
Customers need to bring their National ID/ Passport and Proof of Residence.
Customers can register 10 numbers per ID
Yes, that is possible though there needs to be a minimum of 50 individuals registering
You will receive two messages upon being successfully registered. You may also dial *1212# to confirm your registration status.
Register your SIM card
Register your SIM card on the makoya network and enjoy moja vibes everywhere you go.