The Education Portfolio
- To work in consultation with the Department of Education
- To give regular feedback on progress to the Ministry
- To create strategic alliances with specialist organizations who will assist in the delivery
Objectives of the Education Portfolio are;
- To help increase the percentage of kids who complete 12 years of schooling
- To help increase interest and enrollment in science and technology studies
- Assist in bridging the digital divide by providing ICT in schools Assist national efforts in improving the quality of education
- To create partnerships for effective learning
- To Promote educational awareness
- To facilitate creative dialogue on HIV/Aids
- To support voluntary testing and counselling initiatives
- To support the initiative on reducing mother to child transmission
- To promote access to ARV’S
- To support job creation for people living with HIV
- To provide clean water
The arts and culture portfolio
- To promote art, culture and heritage for national development
- To use art as a tool for educational purposes
- To support and profile emerging Swazi artists
Why Arts and Culture
- Arts and Culture as a tool for Development encompasses a wide range of arts projects that aim to change attitudes and behaviours in society.
- Empower excluded groups to participate in society,
- Facilitate dialogue between different groups and affect policy and practice at the highest levels of government.
- Address key developmental goals through directly exploring issues such as health, science and the environment, education, human rights, good governance, participation in democracy, race, gender and disability.
PROJECT SELECTION CRITERIA
MTN will consider projects that have the following factors
- Projects that facilitate the successful implementation of MTN’s corporate strategy while enhancing the company’s brand positioning as a committed corporate citizen.
- Projects that must have a wide-reaching impact of the community as a whole and result in elevating
- MTN’s status as a concerned and involved member of society.
- Projects that will position MTN to be seen as a company that achieves commercial success in ways that honour ethical values and respect people and communities.
- Projects that are driven by national and societal needs; and regulatory requirements where such license obligations exist
- Projects that Facilitate partnerships and sharing of resources. The project should foster local and international partnerships wherever possible and appropriate
- A project that is in line with foundation portfolios
- A project that can be accomplished within a specific time frame. Are of a long-term and sustainable nature to achieve the desired level of impact, not one-off sponsorships.
- Projects that have done preliminary feasibility studies in support
- Projects that will be favorably received by the beneficiaries
- Projects that are Not for profit
- Support national priorities (MDGs and Poverty Reduction Strategy)
MTN will NOT provide sponsorship for:
- Start-up and general organizational costs Buildings, physical infrastructure and equipment that are not part of the Foundation projects
- Political projects
- Raffles and competitions
- Tours, overseas trips, transport, conferences, seminars, cocktail parties, dinners, award ceremonies
- Projects benefiting commercial organizations
- Projects whose beneficiaries are outside Swaziland
Who qualifies to partner with the MTN Foundation
Are you willing to partner with MTN in delivering this noble service to communities? Qualities for companies that may partner with MTN in its CSR drive are listed below.
- The right partnerships will add credibility & allow for a collective effort
- The partnership must be a win/win situation so that we get value for money
- Always have media partners to create awareness
- Good public image
- Influence with customers
- Good reputation with employees
- Respect in the community
- Sound financial practices
- History of positive media relations
- A solid structure to assist in executing the event